Saturday, November 26, 2011

Workaholics Season 2 Review + Finale

 
Hi guys! So who watches Workaholics? *raises hands higher than you:P*
I love this show. The comedy and chemistry these guys share is a gift. In case you guys didn't already know, but these three guys, including the less than best friend/drug dealer Kyle(Karl) are actually best friends in real life as well. Karl and Adam are even roommates. They have an awesome job where they can hang out with their buddies and joke around. They're pretty lucky.

I read in an interview on Lithium Magazine that they were being compared to "The Trailer Park Boys." First off, that's really cool since that show is filmed a few hours from here. That show is the best and until I read that interview, I never even thought of the similarities, but I can see it now. Three guys acting as a bit exaggerated version of themselves, but all the while having a blast and making people laugh. I love it.


Anyway, back to the review. This season came back with a bang and kept it's pace throughout the season. I can't ever say I saw a boring Workaholics episode. And when your watching a comedy series, it's not always spot on, every show has it's ups and downs, but so far the Workaholics hasn't been anywhere but up in my opinion.

Here's a quick sum up of season 1:
"Whether dodging drug tests, tripping with robbers or befriending a predator, it's all in a days (avoiding) work for three best buds heading into the job market, and looking for the beer aisle."



The "befriending a predator" episode was gold. I almost spilt my spleen (or something else just as important) laughing at it.

“You love ten-year-old boys, right?” “Ten to twelve.” I know, I know, but come onn.It was hilarious. It's one of my favorite episodes and I still go back and re-watch it often.


*I do not in any way condone violence or sexual abuse to adults or children, this is just my opinion of this show*
- It's pretty bad I have to say that, when it's obviously all in humor, but I know some people will say something if I don't state it otherwise. Although, I do apoligize if it offend anyone.

Again, back to my review. This season was fantastic. The guys pulled out their inner ninja turtle, hosted a wedding for a friend, avoided fights with their woman bodyguard, modeled it up, celebrated a birthday and went on a trip! Can I come? I've got my passport already. Just give me a few minutes to pack. 

The season finale was hilarious. I think it's safe to say it was a bit more dirty than usual. Their humor always ranges, but this episode was all about "getting weird". It was the first episode my mom watched with Danny and myself and she was like :| *laughs* The last scene in the episode was too funny. These guys spent their Thanks Giving weekend differently than they've ever before.

I highly recommed this show to everyone who's up for some great humor. You won't regret it.


Check out the official website here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews